It is time to say ‘Goodbye’ to Winter and ‘Hello’ to Summer. As a facility professional, you are given the task of maintaining the safety and integrity of your property. Here is a checklist to get your parking lot fit for Summer:
- Take a walk on your parking lot and note cracks that have either widened or formed over the harsh Winter months. Cracks that measure 1/4-inch to 1-inch wide are good candidates for cracksealing.
- Consider if your parking lot needs to be swept of dirt and debris.
- Take note of the storm drains throughout your parking lot. Pay special attention to sinking or deterioration which may indicate a problem beneath the surface.
- Has the sealcoat and lot marking started to fade. If it has been more than 3 years, it is time to sealcoat it.
- Pay attention to any damage to curbs from snow plows.
- Identify areas of standing water on your parking lot.
- Determine whether your lot is in need of basic maintenance repairs or structural repairs.
- Evaluate your budget for parking lot repairs.
- Speak with a reputable paving contractor regarding any problem areas you’ve noticed on your parking lot.
By following this list and taking action today, you too can have a problem-free parking lot in time for Summer!
Let us know how we can help get your parking lot in shape this season! Just give us a call!